Columbus, Indiana, is located in Bartholomew County of United States, 64 km away from Capital City Indianapolis, capturing southeast region of Indianapolis, with geographic location as 39°12′50″North and 85°54′40″West / 39.21389°North 85.91111°West. This city is known for its architecture and diesel engines, which is the primary product of the city.
History of Columbus, Indiana
Like any other city in the world, Columbus also began on a plain ground. General John Tipton with Luke Bonesteel bought this land in 1820 and named it Tiptonia in the honor of General Tipton. On mount Tipton, a small hill besides the White river, General Tipton built a log cabin and stayed there. Later, on March 20th, 1821, the town got renamed as Columbus.
Columbus, Indiana, in 2004 was referred to be the most playful Town by Nick junior family magazine, and Jewel of the Region by Nation Geographic. One could find abundance of cultural activities filling colors throughout the year which include Motor sports racing, Basketball championship, heritage days, Scottish Festival Weekend, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Santa Arrival.